To begin my blogging experience I have decided to take part in the BootsnAll’s Indie Travel Challenge 2012 http://www.bootsnall.com/articles/12-01/join-bootsnalls-indie-travel-challenge-2012.html
2012 is going to be a year of change. Up until now my life has been what I consider to be very straight forward. I went from school to university and then from university straight into full-time work. It’s now time to pack my bags and head off around the world for a year or so and finally spend the money I’ve been saving for what feels like an eternity!
So what’s on my list for TwentyTwelve?
- Eat some sort of weird food in Argentina, Brazil, Bolivia and Peru.
- Hike up the Inca Trail.
- Dance the night away at the Rio Carnival.
- Purposely get lost, more than once. Preferably in Europe!
- Learn Spanish.
- Volunteer somewhere.
- Visit overseas relatives.
- When things go wrong, Laugh it off.
- Catch up with someone I’ve met on a previous trip.
- Go hang gliding or paragliding.
- Work the Canadian ski season.
- Go at least a week without using the computer and phone.
- Don’t plan too far ahead.
- Get off the beaten track.